Maintaining a regular sleep routine is fundamental for preserving memory, ensuring energy for everyday life, proper functioning of the whole body, and even maintaining and losing weight.
If you suffer from insomnia, you need to know why you are not getting a good night’s sleep and what you can do to avoid rolling in bed all night long.
Insomnia: Causes and Treatments
1. The difficulty to sleep, in many cases, is related to a lack of routine. If you do not have fixed times to sleep and wake up and still have the habit of prolonging rest too much during the weekends and holiday will suffer to maintain the regularity of the body and rest more easily.
2. Going to bed with a cell phone, notebook or tablet also impairs the onset of sleep. In addition to keeping the brain on alert, the lighting of electronic gadgets still compromises the rest. The ideal, therefore, is to lie in a dark room, even without TV, to avoid distractions.
3. External noises usually hinder sleep, but if you can not leave your room soundproof, it is worth investing in appliances that emit white noises that mask disturbances and facilitate rest.
4. Natural teas can be good allies to relax and sleep, but only if you bet on the right herbs. Avoid matt, black, green and white tea that are high in caffeine that stimulates the body and brain, and prefer infusions with chamomile, lemon grass, among others.
5. If you exercise regularly and still find it difficult to get to sleep, make sure you are not performing any physical activities that are too close to bedtime. That’s because the efforts can trigger adrenaline rush and extra pique that you would rather have in the morning and not before bed.
6. To avoid insomnia it is also important to take care of feeding at night time. Avoid too heavy foods, which promote sudden swings in blood glucose and impair sleep quality. It is still important to give up coffee and alcohol at least 4 hours before bed.
7. Drinking water and maintaining hydration is important for the proper functioning of the body, but try to avoid drinking liquids before bed so you do not have to get up at night to go to the bathroom, thus disrupting sleep.